Join our zoo community
Maxime

Sun bear and dhole exhibit

Three sun bears (Chico, Teddy and Malaka) live with 3 dholes in this large enclosure. The canids also have access to their own exhibit.

Sun bear and dhole exhibit
Maxime, 7 Jul 2011
    • Maxime
      Three sun bears (Chico, Teddy and Malaka) live with 3 dholes in this large enclosure. The canids also have access to their own exhibit.
    • snowleopard
      What an extraordinary combination! Dholes are practically unheard of in North American zoos and even sun bears are not that common, so to have 3 sun bears with 3 dholes shocks me. The enclosure appears to be extremely steep and yet natural-looking and is the large tree hotwired?
    • Maxime
      Yes, unfortunately, the tree is hotwired...This is an interesant combination but the most often, the dholes prefer to be in their own seperated exhibit. And I think that this enclosure would be better for asian black bears !
    • European Fauna
      For all I know this combination may be a success but I would be very surprised. Most likely the dholes have a poor opinion of the curatorial decisions that led to their internment with such fearsome companions.The bears are probably not particularly impressed either.
      StoppableSan likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZooParc de Trégomeur
    Uploaded By:
    Maxime
    Date:
    7 Jul 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    435.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.5
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-H2
    Date / Time:
    2007:10:16 22:34:31
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).