Join our zoo community
Maguari

Sun Bear Enclosure at Usti, 29/08/12

Quite a nice enclosure, though this photo doesn't do justice to the sheer monstrosity of the mural at the back (I really don't like murals in exhibits...).

Sun Bear Enclosure at Usti, 29/08/12
Maguari, 10 Jan 2013
David Matos Mendes likes this.
    • Maguari
      Quite a nice enclosure, though this photo doesn\'t do justice to the sheer monstrosity of the mural at the back (I really don\'t like murals in exhibits...).
    • Ituri
      I really dislike murals in outdoor exhibits, but a high quality mural in an indoor setting can be a major enhancement.
    • Maguari
      I just always feel it's a lazy way out. You've designed this exhibit, then you notice there's a HUGE BLANK WALL across the back of it. So you stick a mural on it. Rather than designing the exhibit to either a) have the back screened by landscaping or b) particularly if outdoors, make the wall attractive (stone rather than whitewash, say). Or, there's an exhibit that's looking a bit dated, but a new mural will sort it out! (er, yes...)

I can see their use indoors but in most cases I'd rather see the wall screened off, or else a smartly designed wall that's just a wall (because a mural outdoors is fooling no-one). If the wall's already there and there's nothing to be done about it, paint it a light brown or green.

You're quite right in saying they're nowhere near such a problem inside, where the mural doesn't suddenly stop and turn into 'real world'!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZOO Ústí nad Labem
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    10 Jan 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    438.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/7.0
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S7000
    Date / Time:
    2012:08:29 13:15:55
    Exposure Time:
    10/4800 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).