Join our zoo community
Maguari

Sun Bear exhibit at Olomouc 30/05/10

This has been enlarged since my last visit, but is still predominately concrete, with high walls all around. And it's still not very big. That said, the animals still look as healthy as any I've seen.

Sun Bear exhibit at Olomouc 30/05/10
Maguari, 1 Jul 2010
    • Maguari
      This has been enlarged since my last visit, but is still predominately concrete, with high walls all around. And it\'s still not very big.

That said, the animals still look as healthy as any I\'ve seen.
    • Jabiru96
      That looks awfully small
    • snowleopard
      West Edmonton Mall (for over 25 years the largest mall on the planet) used to have similar enclosures that were all glass and featured tigers, bears, cougars and assorted other mammals over the years. Animal rights groups and basic common sense forced the mall to demolish the areas, and one can only hope that Olomouc Zoo will one day see how inappropriate this enclosure is for sun bears.;)
    • Maguari
      It's not like they don't know how to do a good bear exhibit - see the pictures in here (and mine to follow!) of the new American Black Bear exhibit, which is excellent.

In fact, with Olomouc, Ostrava and Brno all just finishing or in the middle of building large new bear exhibits, the average bear exhibit quality in the Czech Republic looks set to go up quite rapidly!

I'd be interested to know what the zoo's plans were for the sun bears.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Olomouc
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    1 Jul 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: