Join our zoo community
Tim May

Suni; Powell-Cotton Museum; 11th June 2017

Suni; Powell-Cotton Museum; 11th June 2017
Tim May, 12 Jun 2017
UngulateNerd92 and amur leopard like this.
    • amur leopard
      Did you see the Northern white rhinos?
    • Tim May
      @amur leopard
      Yes I have seen the white rhino there although the type specimen of northern white rhino, which Powell-Cotton collected, is not in the Powell-Cotton Museum; it is in the Natural History Musem at South Kensington.
    • amur leopard
      @Tim May
      Is that the White rhino on display in the Mammals Hall?
      I've heard good things about the Powell Cotton Museum's African primate collection - how was it? I'm considering visiting, so is it worth it?

Sorry about all the questions... ;)
    • Tim May
      @amur leopard
      Absolutely no need to apologise for asking questions.

I don't believe the type specimen of northern white rhino is on display at South Kensington.

Yes I'd thoroughly recommend a visit to the Powell-Cotton Museum; it's a fascinating place, with a good collection, displayed in impressive dioramas.

I liked the dioramas of African ungulates best but there's plenty of primates too.

Be aware that the Powell-Cotton Museum doesn't open everyday so double check the opening times first to avoid a wasted journey.
    • amur leopard
      @Tim May

Thank you for all your help. I will visit as soon as it is possible to travel safely, as it seems like quite a nice place. I also need to get out to Tring again because my first visit was too short to see all of it unfortunately.
      I'm sort of glad that the white rhino isn't Northern because I would be quite embarrassed if it were and I hadn't even known despite passing it the best part of 50 times :D
      Thanks for the advice :)
      Tim May likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    United Kingdom - Other
    Uploaded By:
    Tim May
    Date:
    12 Jun 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3464px
    Height:
    2314px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 400D DIGITAL
    Date / Time:
    2017:06:11 16:08:02
    Exposure Time:
    5/10 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    51 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).