Join our zoo community
akasha

Surplus Stock

Surplus Stock
akasha, 20 Aug 2022
    • akasha
      This is the view of the surplus stock yards from Obley Road. I spotted Scimitar-horned Oryx, Eland and Przewalski's Horse through the perimeter fence. Free safari!
      Zoofan15 likes this.
    • Zoofan15
      @akasha Interesting! Hamilton Zoo has two off display yards that service the Savannah. I see they also back on to a public road, so might get out my car and see what I can see next time I’m in the vicinity. :cool:
      akasha likes this.
    • akasha
      @Zoofan15 Werribee is the best for a free safari. I've never been to the zoo, but from the carpark near Werribee Mansion you can see heaps of the savannah animals :p (I know admission fees are to support zoo costs, but if you've only got a few minutes to spare, it's fun to have a quick look at what's happening.)
      Zoofan15 likes this.
    • Zoofan15
      @akasha I always enjoy seeing behind the scenes things or exhibits from a different perspective. I like the pathway behind the lion exhibit at Wellington Zoo that allows you to look through the trees at the rear or the Kopje. The Kopje is merely a facade, with steel cages underneath.
      akasha likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Taronga Western Plains Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    akasha
    Date:
    20 Aug 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4272px
    Height:
    2848px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 1100D
    Date / Time:
    2022:08:20 16:51:02
    Exposure Time:
    1/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    55 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).