Join our zoo community
Maguari

Tamarins at Jihlava, 31/05/10

1.0 Black-mantled Tamarin ([i]Saguinus nigricollis[/i]) and 0.1 Graells' Tamarin ([i]Saguinus graellsi[/i]), as confirmed by the curator. It was meant to be a pair of [i]S. graellsi[/i] but the male was re-identified after his arrival. The intention is to send these to join animals of their own species at other zoos. The visible distinction between the two is a crescent-shaped brown bark on the face of the [i]nigricollis[/i], but it's far from obvious. If my memory serves, the [i]nigricollis[/i] is the lefthand animal, the [i]graellsi[/i] is on the right.

Tamarins at Jihlava, 31/05/10
Maguari, 10 Jul 2010
    • Maguari
      1.0 Black-mantled Tamarin (Saguinus nigricollis) and 0.1 Graells\' Tamarin (Saguinus graellsi), as confirmed by the curator. It was meant to be a pair of S. graellsi but the male was re-identified after his arrival. The intention is to send these to join animals of their own species at other zoos.

The visible distinction between the two is a crescent-shaped brown bark on the face of the nigricollis, but it\'s far from obvious. If my memory serves, the nigricollis is the lefthand animal, the graellsi is on the right.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoologická Zahrada Jihlava
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    10 Jul 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: