Join our zoo community
Chlidonias

tank for kaluga sturgeon (Huso dauricus)

HUGE fish!! This was a circular room with large rectangular tanks round the perimeter and the [i]Huso[/i] tank in the centre. The sturgeon didn't have a lot of swimming room unfortunately due to the rockwork filling up the centre column. There was also a smaller species of sturgeon in here ([i]Acipenser schrenkii[/i]) and a species of carp (I think common carp). August 2013

tank for kaluga sturgeon (Huso dauricus)
Chlidonias, 29 Aug 2013
    • Chlidonias
      HUGE fish!! This was a circular room with large rectangular tanks round the perimeter and the Huso tank in the centre. The sturgeon didn\'t have a lot of swimming room unfortunately due to the rockwork filling up the centre column.

There was also a smaller species of sturgeon in here (Acipenser schrenkii) and a species of carp (I think common carp).

August 2013
    • condor
      Interesting to see photos from this poorly known (to "Westerners" anyway) aquarium. It is always difficult to judge from a photo but it does look very large: I guess about 2 metre but could be way off. Do you remember its approximate size? From photos I've seen on the net, there used to be several kalugas in there.

Edit: Just read your aquarium description elsewhere: still 3 kalugas.
    • Chlidonias
      I would guess the fish to be about two metres, yes. There were three, one was a bit bigger than the others (I think that's the one in the photo).

I would imagine this aquarium will close when the big new oceanarium opens on Russky Island because it is looking pretty old and tired.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Vladivostok Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    Chlidonias
    Date:
    29 Aug 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: