Join our zoo community
Benosaurus

Tape/string in woodland by bear ravine

Possibly marking out the boundary of the upcoming brown bear enclosure in the bear ravine. It extends a lot further up the wooded slope than I expected it to which is a very nice surprise.

Tape/string in woodland by bear ravine
Benosaurus, 9 Apr 2019
TheGerenuk and Giant Panda like this.
    • StoppableSan
      Brown bears are returning? What an unexpected and welcome surprise!
    • FunkyGibbon
      @Benosaurus have you seen any further development? Last week it looked totally uncommenced as a project.
    • Benosaurus
      My last visit was back at the beginning of October. I was surprised I didn't see any progress then but felt sure you and @Brum would see some signs of work commencing on your recent visit. The fact you didn't is slightly concerning.

As recently as the end of September this year the zoo mentioned it is hoped the bears will have arrived by Spring 2020, which isn't that far away.

Another worrying factor is the total lack of any mention of the new enclosure on the planning application pages on the council's website, which I thought would have been required due the fact it incorporates a huge listed Tecton.
    • FunkyGibbon
      Yes I am also concerned. It is very hard to imagine the necessary work being done by even May (to give a generous interpretation of 'spring').
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dudley Zoological Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    Benosaurus
    Date:
    9 Apr 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1814px
    Height:
    1080px
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D3200
    Date / Time:
    2019:04:09 17:04:32

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).