Join our zoo community
Interested

Taronga Zoo - old map - 1999

This is a map of Taronga Zoo circa 1999. It shows the construction of the 'Ceatures Of The Wollemi' exhibit (middle right of map) which was opened in 2000. You can also see the old aviaries in the bottom right of the map where 'Backyard To Bush' currently stands, and the farm where 'Wild Asia' now is. There are also a few other changes including movement of animals and some new enclosures. Sorry for the poor quality of the image.

Tags:
Taronga Zoo - old map - 1999
Interested, 11 Feb 2008
    • Interested
      This is a map of Taronga Zoo circa 1999.

It shows the construction of the 'Ceatures Of The Wollemi' exhibit (middle right of map) which was opened in 2000.

You can also see the old aviaries in the bottom right of the map where 'Backyard To Bush' currently stands, and the farm where 'Wild Asia' now is.

There are also a few other changes including movement of animals and some new enclosures.

Sorry for the poor quality of the image.
    • NZ Jeremy
      Did you get this from Zoolex's Creatures of the Wollemi exhibit review..?
    • Interested
      No actually.
      Even though I've been to that site and the Wollemi section some time ago I completely forgot it was there!
      I wouldn't have spent all that time looking for it otherwise.
      I just found it on a personal webpage through google... though they didn't cite the source but I take it that it would be Taronga Zoo?

I understand that they wouldn't want us to upload photos from Zoolex.
    • NZ Jeremy
      Probably not, I think it all depends where the site your uploading it is served from...

I.e. I can upload logos onto Wikipedia because it is served in America as long as I declare why but I couldn't for a NZ based site...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Taronga Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Interested
    Date:
    11 Feb 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    141.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    637px
    Height:
    502px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).