Join our zoo community
Tygo

Tasmanian Devil Exhibit Plan

Tasmanian Devil Exhibit Plan
Tygo, 28 Jan 2014
    • zooboy28
      That looks pretty good, three enclosures and burrow viewing. Kind of hard to tell what the visitors bit in the middle is, presumably a viewing hut/shelter?

Where was this photo taken tygo? I'm guessing on the Band Rotunda lawn by the old chimp cage (assuming that is still there). If so, that suggests you enter the Devil exhibit after passing through the lorikeet aviary and passing the other small aviaries, and then exit it on to the Band Rotunda Lawn? If so, then how do you get to the remaining bird exhibits (brolga, lovebirds, cockatoo aviary, etc)?
    • Chlidonias
      I would be guessing at a covered / indoor area for display of signage etc, and there are also viewing windows in there as well.
    • Tygo
      The sign is on the construction site fencing and the chimp house is gone and it looks like some of the aviaries are gone and most of the Japanese Garden has been removed.
    • zooboy28
      OK, I meant where the sign was relative to other places, as the sign says "you are here", and I was wondering exactly where that was.

I'm now thinking that only the Brolga exhibit and possibly the lovebird exhibit are going to still be there, and the big cockatoo aviary and all the small aviaries that held various birds have all been removed? If so, I'm very disappointed. Do you have any photos of the construction site?

A potentially interesting thing is that the sign says "extent of phase one" at the edges, so perhaps there will be further additions to this area?
    • Tygo
      Yeah the sign was by the band rotunda lawn.
      The Brolga enclosure looks like its still there by it looks like lovebird aviary is being taken down.
      I only have the one photo of the construction site of where the Chimp house use to be.
    • zooboy28
      Thanks. Well hopefully they put some more aviaries on the site of Janie's cages. The exotic bird collection on display will be much reduced now.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Auckland Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Tygo
    Date:
    28 Jan 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    212.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/6.4
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S1500
    Date / Time:
    2014:01:27 22:34:22
    Exposure Time:
    10/7500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 64
    Focal Length:
    5.9 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).