Join our zoo community
Mr Wrinkly

Tawny Frogmouth

Tawny Frogmouth
Mr Wrinkly, 13 Jun 2020
    • Mr Wrinkly
      Makepeace, born at Toronto Zoo June 13, 1986, is 34 today.

He was born at TZ, one of several from wildborn parents imported from Australia. He is the second oldest in North America - there is one at St Louis who is about 41 years old (still there about three months ago).
    • TZFan
      Wonderful photo of him! He really is a stunner in an understated way. You can just see how he would blend in with a tree. Where did you catch him? I always look around hoping to spot him but I never do. Admittedly I'm easily distracted by my love of kookaburras and fascination with the Victoria crowned pigeons. I know they don't fly or move much at all so if I know where to look I can increase my odds of success.
    • Mr Wrinkly
      He seems to find a new place to call his own for the day every year or so and stay there all day long. Unfortunately it has sometimes been back in the corner behind the pond to the right of the turtle window, where he is impossible for the public to see. Keepers sometimes only know he is OK because his food is gone in the morning.

For a while now he has been very visible if you look up to the right just before you go out of the free-flight into the Komodo area. Last winter a friend and I passed thru there almost every week and always stopped to talk to him, so he became quite responsive (for him) when he heard either of our voices.

Besides these two spots there have been three others that I know of.
    • TZFan
      Thanks! Gives me some ideas where to at least look. Provided I remember at the time.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Mr Wrinkly
    Date:
    13 Jun 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3317px
    Height:
    2488px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot SX40 HS
    Date / Time:
    2020:02:19 11:52:50
    Exposure Time:
    1/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 640
    Focal Length:
    37.478 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).