BeardsleyZooFan

Taxon Advisory Groups Sign

April 14, 2013

Taxon Advisory Groups Sign
BeardsleyZooFan, 15 Apr 2013
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      April 14, 2013
    • ThylacineAlive
      Is this sign new? Also, what TAG's does Beardsley participate in for bears, tapirs, and wild pigs? None of these groups can even be found at the zoo currently!

~Thylo:cool:
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      Given the fact that the sign says that they still participate in Bear and Tapir TAGs, this sign might not be new, but I never saw it before until yesterday. Maybe it just evaded my eye until recently. However, Chacoan Peccaries count as part of the Wild Pig TAG.
    • ThylacineAlive
      I suppose Wild Pigs & Peccaries is one TAG. When did the zoo have tapirs? Perhaps the zoo is keeping them on the sign because they plan to bring the species back as part of the new South American expansion.

~Thylo:cool:
    • Maguari
      Unless they work differently in the US, there's no real reason a zoo (or rather its staff) can't participate in a TAG for a group they don't keep. TAGs are advisory committees so anyone qualified could serve on them, even if their current 'employer' zoo doesn't keep the species.
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      That's what I thought too, but I'm not all too familiar with TAGs so I wanted another user's confirmation before saying something like that.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    BeardsleyZooFan
    Date:
    15 Apr 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    337 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1200px
    Height:
    1600px
    Aperture:
    f/3.8
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    SP810UZ,SP815UZ
    Date / Time:
    2013:04:13 22:29:09
    Exposure Time:
    1/200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 64
    Focal Length:
    9.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).