Zaz, 29 Dec 2011
    • Zaz
      A Black Panther Called Boogie
    • fofo
      Really nice !
    • kiang
      That is a rather beautiful cat.
    • FBBird
      Am I the only one who thinks this beautiful animal looks more like a Jaguar?
    • Zaz
      It's my wrong guess your right!!
    • lanlw
      Great picture
    • European Fauna
      Would be wonderful for a book cover or poster - congratulations!
    • FBBird
      I've not seen either a black Jaguar or a black Leopard that is as 'intermediate' between the two colour phases as this one. Any comments from those who know about these things?
    • Animal
      It's a jaguar. And a rather wonderful photo :)
    • Arizona Docent
      Melanistic jaguars seem to have a wider variance than melanistic leopards based on my zoo observations (and I have seen quite a few cats). At my own zoo (Reid Park - Tucson) we have two female littermates, yet one is quite dark with the spots almost invisible and the other is lighter with the spots easily visible like the cat pictured here. Not quite as light as the one in this photo appears to be, but that may just be because the photo is slightly overexposed. Since camera meters adjust to a middle tone, dark subjects tend to get overexposed (note how washed out the foreground cement is), so the cat in this photo may not be quite this light in real life. Black leopards, on the other hand, seem to be universally dark with the spots only faintly visible in bright light.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Tbilisi Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Zaz
    Date:
    29 Dec 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    65.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    620px
    Height:
    552px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).