Join our zoo community
okapikpr

Temple Interior

Photo taken November 2007. Exhibit on the right houses various Dendrobates and a Bushmaster snake. The other two exhibits to the left hold a beaded lizard and an Aruba Island Rattlesnake.

Temple Interior
okapikpr, 9 Aug 2008
David Matos Mendes likes this.
    • okapikpr
      Photo taken November 2007. Exhibit on the right houses various Dendrobates and a Bushmaster snake. The other two exhibits to the left hold a beaded lizard and an Aruba Island Rattlesnake.
    • fkalltheway
      So the dart frogs are in the same exhibit as the bushmaster?
    • okapikpr
      Yes that is correct.
    • fkalltheway
      That's an interesting mix (I'm very interested in mixed-species exhibits). So is(are) the snake(s) kept well fed so they do not snack on frogs, or do bushmasters just not like frogs? I'm not really familiar with the diet of bushmasters. Also, what species of Dendrobates are in there and how many? (I assume a lot since that looks like a big exhibit)
    • FSBlue
      I would believe the Bushmaster's natural instinct of realizing the frogs are poisonous would be enough to keep them from snacking on them. As for the species, off the top of my head

1.1 Bushmasters
      Blue Poison Dart Frogs
      Green-and-black Poison Dart Frogs
      Yellow-and-blue Poison Dart Frogs

and I'm pretty sure they had Panamanian Golden Frogs in the exhibit the last time I went, too.
    • okapikpr
      I highly doubt that, its more like the zoo keeps the Bushmasters well fed. Just like sharks in a mixed species tank.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    okapikpr
    Date:
    9 Aug 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    232 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    600px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    PENTAX Corporation
    Model:
    PENTAX Optio 60
    Date / Time:
    2005:07:01 02:49:15
    Exposure Time:
    176666/1000000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    7.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).