Join our zoo community
Dan

The elk exhibit

One of the great features of this animal park is that several of the hoofstock species have access to even bigger space when the park is closed for visitors. Then - other, adjoining, paddocks are opened up for the animals to roam... I love this concept! Also - probably very few animals are ever being put into "night stables" in this park. They are all native and thus can endure any change in the weather.

The elk exhibit
Dan, 9 Jul 2009
    • Dan
      One of the great features of this animal park is that several of the hoofstock species have access to even bigger space when the park is closed for visitors. Then - other, adjoining, paddocks are opened up for the animals to roam...

I love this concept!

Also - probably very few animals are ever being put into "night stables" in this park. They are all native and thus can endure any change in the weather.
    • Arizona Docent
      What Europeans call elk, we Americans call moose. We also have a large deer called elk, but it's something entirely different (also known as wapiti). And speaking of funny alternate names relating to deer, people in Guam refer to their domestic water buffaloes as caribou!
    • Ituri
      carabao not caribou

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carabao]Carabao - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    • Arizona Docent
      My mistake. I've never seen it spelled, only heard it pronounced by an anglo from Guam who pronounced it just like caribou.
    • Ituri
      Yeah that through me for a loop the first time I heard it.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Skånes Djurpark
    Uploaded By:
    Dan
    Date:
    9 Jul 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    394.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1071px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D60
    Date / Time:
    2009:07:07 10:58:36
    Exposure Time:
    10/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    55 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).