Join our zoo community
Moebelle

The Museum of Science & Natural History | Zoo Tours

Moebelle, 23 Nov 2021
KevinB, German Zoo World, Nix and 9 others like this.
    • Moebelle
      When you think of visiting a museum, just as you would expect to see animals at a zoo, chances are you'd expect to see artifacts, art, and a plethora of dioramas depicting prehistoric times... That's not exactly how they do things in the Toledo Zoo's Museum of Science. The building's centerpiece paints a picture of Ohio's past - with mammoths, mastodons, American lions and other creatures that thrived 12,000 years ago. Yes that's typical of any museum but that's not all! The seemingly never ending supply of rooms invites you to experience a WALK THROUGH POISON DART FROG rainforest, a touch tank full of sturgeons, a MASSIVE Coconut Crab, hundreds of invertebrates, not one but two SNAKES THAT SWIM, along with some of the world's deadliest and intimidating secies - Stonefish, Rattlesnakes, and even the Komodo Dragon. I know you'll enjoy this one of a kind tour of this one of a attraction.
    • Kakapo
      Oh my gosh!!!! White-throated ground dove, a Sackens's VELVET ANT!!!!!!!!!!, Coconut crab, banded SEA KRAIT, a FLYING SNAKE and a Russell's viper!!!!!!!!!!! This is the place where I would not pass 4 hours, but minimum 24 hours, I really would need a two-days pass here!!!! Incredible place! I die of envy!
    • birdsandbats
    • Moebelle
      @birdsandbats I passed it, compared to the rest of the building, it didn't interest me enough/I didn't find it worth it to put the Prarie plants exhibit and some of the other rooms in the video.
    • birdsandbats
      @Moebelle Are the endangered butterflies not there anymore (Dakota Skipper and Karner Blue)?
    • Moebelle
      @birdsandbats Despite the mention, and the thumbnail, I didnt see a single butterfly
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toledo Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Moebelle
    Date:
    23 Nov 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count: