Join our zoo community
Dan

The one and only bad enclosure/exhibit at Skanes Animal Park: Bear enclosur

The old bear grotto! European brown bear. As it seems, it is nowadays only used for a mother bear with her cubs. 300 or 400 square meters big, with noisy visitors at all four sides. Not good at all! The only good thing about it is that the den is available at all times, when the screaming kids get to noisy. BTW: This "exhibit" is one of my earliest zoo memories. I saw it as a child, some 40+ years ago - it looked BIG then, to my childish eyes! And THEN you could buy "candy" to "feed" the poor bears...

The one and only bad enclosure/exhibit at Skanes Animal Park: Bear enclosur
Dan, 7 Jul 2009
    • Dan
      The old bear grotto! European brown bear. As it seems, it is nowadays only used for a mother bear with her cubs. 300 or 400 square meters big, with noisy visitors at all four sides. Not good at all! The only good thing about it is that the den is available at all times, when the screaming kids get to noisy.

BTW:
      This "exhibit" is one of my earliest zoo memories. I saw it as a child, some 40+ years ago - it looked BIG then, to my childish eyes! And THEN you could buy "candy" to "feed" the poor bears...
    • Jodea
      I agree with you, this is absolutely not good at all. By far the worst enclosure at this zoo and the worst bear enclosure (which still is used) I've seen in Sweden.
      Skånes Animal Park has quite good enclosures in general, so this is a bad exception, as you write.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Skånes Djurpark
    Uploaded By:
    Dan
    Date:
    7 Jul 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    483.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1071px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D60
    Date / Time:
    2009:07:07 11:30:17
    Exposure Time:
    10/1250 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 180
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).