Join our zoo community
Parrotsandrew

This is the big one.....a must-view photograph!!

ZooChatters, please do not miss this opportunity to admire the handiwork of the Senior Assistant Keeper (a keeper I might add with two zoo claims to fame, one of them global and the other specific to Sewerby - I am afraid I am not at liberty to give details at the moment). Previously this area below the Degu exhibit had the appearance of an old empty cage, but now it has been transformed into an attractive potential storage area by the use of some expertly cut and beautifully stained surplus panels from an old fence. I think it looks wonderful and I am extremely impressed.

This is the big one.....a must-view photograph!!
Parrotsandrew, 13 May 2014
    • Parrotsandrew
      ZooChatters, please do not miss this opportunity to admire the handiwork of the Senior Assistant Keeper (a keeper I might add with two zoo claims to fame, one of them global and the other specific to Sewerby - I am afraid I am not at liberty to give details at the moment). Previously this area below the Degu exhibit had the appearance of an old empty cage, but now it has been transformed into an attractive potential storage area by the use of some expertly cut and beautifully stained surplus panels from an old fence. I think it looks wonderful and I am extremely impressed.
    • JBZvolunteer
      I can smell an Anthony Sheridan Award in the future for the zoo based on this brilliant and revolutionary exhibit renovation and design work. The Sewerby Zoo looks to be a rising star in british and possibly global zookeeping. ;)

All in all though, it is a great reuse of space and the stain color was a good choice.
    • Pertinax
      I think you have excelled yourself with this one. You must have waited hours to get it....;)
    • Parrotsandrew
      Actually having seen it for the first time when I did not have a camera with me I made a special visit to the zoo just to photograph it. There is no way I could produce something as good as it is.

And I could not post it without using one of my favourite C J quotes!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Sewerby Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Parrotsandrew
    Date:
    13 May 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    319.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.2
    Make:
    EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
    Model:
    KODAK EASYSHARE C180 Digital Camera
    Date / Time:
    2035:03:19 09:35:03
    Exposure Time:
    10000/1000000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    7.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).