Join our zoo community
PAT

Thorny Devil

I visited Melbourne Museum today just for a casual visit with a friend. It's free so I didn't bother looking around the whole building but was glad I went into the insect exhibit when I saw this pair thorny devils living in the black ant exhibit. I only had my phone on me so these aren't the best photos.

Thorny Devil
PAT, 3 Feb 2015
    • PAT
      I visited Melbourne Museum today just for a casual visit with a friend. It\'s free so I didn\'t bother looking around the whole building but was glad I went into the insect exhibit when I saw this pair thorny devils living in the black ant exhibit. I only had my phone on me so these aren\'t the best photos.
    • DavidBrown
      Has anybody been to the Melbourne Museum recently and seen if the thorny devils are still there? I am contemplating visiting the museum later this year and this would be a great species to see.
    • Giant Panda
      @DavidBrown: I was there recently and didn't see them. It's well worth a visit, though – the Forest Gallery is brilliant.
    • Chlidonias
      maybe email the museum to find out if they currently have any, and if so when or how you can view them. Most of the time they are off-display, and I think they may only be seen when they get placed in the ant tanks to feed (i.e. they're not on permanent display when they do have them).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Melbourne Museum
    Uploaded By:
    PAT
    Date:
    3 Feb 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    410.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1200px
    Height:
    1600px
    Aperture:
    f/2.2
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 5s
    Date / Time:
    2015:02:03 14:26:21
    Exposure Time:
    1/33 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    4.12 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).