Join our zoo community
Yoshistar888

Threadfin Trevally and Snapper

Also a southern Eagle Ray

Threadfin Trevally and Snapper
Yoshistar888, 14 Feb 2020
    • WhistlingKite24
      These are actually Snub-nosed Darts (Trachinotus blochii) not Threadfin Trevally. There is also a Copperband Butterflyfish (Chelmon rostratus) and three Double Saddled Butterflyfish (Chaetodon ulietensis) in the background.
    • Yoshistar888
      @WhistlingKite24 of course my mistake. that is a lifer for me then.

Also thank you so much for pointing out the Double Saddled Butterfly fish which would now also been a lifer.

Melbourne Aquarium early 2019 lifers have been

Snubnosed dart
      Spotted Sawtail
      Pig nosed Turtle
      Stocky Anithas
      Yellow Tailed Fusiiler
      Double Saddled Butterflyfish
      Blue Faced Angelfish
      Blood red hawkfish
      (many more unidentified)
    • WhistlingKite24
      @Yoshistar888 All good. I saw plenty of lifers when I visited Melbourne Aquarium in 2018 as well. I loved the mudskipper tank - the ones at Melbourne aquarium are Silverstripe Mudskipper (Periophthalmus argentilineatus) in case you were wondering. I didn't see the Necklace Carpet Shark in the Bay of Rays pool though.:(
    • Yoshistar888
      @WhistlingKite24 I saw the necklace carpet shark. I had to crawl down the viewing window.

I had never heard of Silverstripe Mudskippers before, I just labled them as mudskipper sp because i couldnt be bothered, but the mudskippers are easily the best part of the aquariums pathetic Freshwater collection.

You might not know but the Bowmouth Guitarfish (Shark ray) isn't at the aquarium anymore im not sure if it passed away or was transported (most likely the former).

Also they have Pig Nosed Turtles now (fly river turtles), super cute!.
    • WhistlingKite24
      @Yoshistar888 That's a shame about the Bowmouth Guitarfish. I saw my first one at Melbourne. SeaWorld Gold Coast still has a few of them though along with White-spotted Guitarfish (Rhynchobatus australiae) in the same tank.

Pig-nosed turtles are cool. There used to be some at Sea Life Sunshine Coast.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Melbourne Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    Yoshistar888
    Date:
    14 Feb 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).