Join our zoo community
jbnbsn99

Three-Toed Sloth hoops

Three-Toed Sloth hoops
jbnbsn99, 4 Feb 2011
    • Arizona Docent
      Ummm, well that is very, I mean, ...boy I just don't know what to say about that one.
    • Hix
      I agree AD - I assume the hoop has some functional benefit for the sloths?

Or is this a reference to one of those animal animated movies that I've never watched?
    • Zooplantman
      Can just anyone toss a sloth or do you need to pay extra?
    • snowleopard
      Is a 3-toed sloth worth 3 points and a 2-toed sloth worth two points? That works for basketball! Do the Antillean manatees have a water polo net?:)
    • Dallaspachyderm
      Actually this was for some sort of basketball event in Dallas, like the NBA allstars or something. Im not a basketball fan but that's what i recall.
    • loxodonta
      Oh, you zoo nerds:) Its because this was the beginning of the playoffs that led to the Dallas Mavericks 1st NBA championship. One of the most interesting enrichments I have ever seen tho
    • Blackduiker
      Slam dunk! I still don't get it? We never did this in L.A. and we've won 11 NBA Championships since the Lakers moved here from Minnesota.
    • loxodonta
      Well I guess that Dallas has more team spirit than L.A. And Boston does basketball enrichments as well and if I'm not mistaken we have more championships than the Lakers, L.A. and Minnesota combined:)
    • Blackduiker
      Blackduiker

Are you from Boston or Florida? And we're talking about "modern era" NBA. Post 1970. Then we're looking at something like, correct me if I'm wrong, L.A. 11, Boston 3? And talk about team spirit, L.A. brought Giant Pandas here for the 1984 Olympic Games that were held in L.A.! Top that!!! Oh, right, Boston has never exhibited Giant Pandas, even on a temporary basis. :eek::eek::rolleyes::p:D
    • loxodonta
      Sorry, Red and Russell still count. And really? post 1970, try 9 championships. And all 17 come from the same city;) Pandas? One of the most over-rated zoo animals to be displayed, #1 being koalas.

P.S. Originally from the city of champions, but transplanted to the best state for animals (both wild and captive) in the country, Go Gators!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dallas World Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    jbnbsn99
    Date:
    4 Feb 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    324 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.5
    Make:
    NIKON
    Model:
    COOLPIX S630
    Date / Time:
    2010:02:23 13:29:14
    Exposure Time:
    10/1082 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    6.6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).