Join our zoo community
^Chris^

Tierra Del Fuego Exhibit

A South American display for Sealions, and penguins. Should be able to take a big groups of penguins and waterfowl, and around 8 sea lions. Maybe not quite to scale, but to give some idea of size, the bigger penguin pool would be similar to edinburgh's bigger pool.

Tierra Del Fuego Exhibit
^Chris^, 24 Feb 2008
    • ^Chris^
      A South American display for Sealions, and penguins. Should be able to take a big groups of penguins and waterfowl, and around 8 sea lions.

Maybe not quite to scale, but to give some idea of size, the bigger penguin pool would be similar to edinburgh's bigger pool.
    • Writhedhornbill
      Great!

Any chance of Guanay cormorants being squeezed in!!
    • gentle lemur
      I can't quite imagine black necked swans with penguins. I trust you want Darwin's rheas, not common ones.

Alan
    • ^Chris^
      Yes to Darwin's Rhea.
      I nearly stuck Guanay cormorant in the aviary, but I didn't know if it was realistic. There aren't many on ISIS, but the species would be pretty well suited.

With regards to swans and penguins it might be a bit hit and miss. I know Chester have tried it with humboldts, not so successfully, but I thought any pressures would be reduced in such a large area. Who cares- it seems to be the norm for zoo's plans to start off overly ambitious!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Fantasy Zoos
    Uploaded By:
    ^Chris^
    Date:
    24 Feb 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    46.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    510px
    Height:
    586px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).