Join our zoo community
akasha

Sumatran Tiger Cub (1996)

Sumatran Tiger Cub (1996)
akasha, 13 Jul 2020
Patrick Keegan, Jambo and TheGerenuk like this.
    • akasha
      I found my old photos from my first trip to Taronga Zoo when I was a kid. I took them on my little Olympus film camera, and my kid self was dorky enough to wait for the photos to get printed and then write the name of the tiger (a Sumatran, I think?) on the back. It says Ramalon. I'm trying to figure out what year this visit was. It was either 1996 or 1997. Maybe you can help me out @Zoofan15 ? :)
    • Zoofan15
      @akasha Yes, Ramalon was a Sumatran tiger. He was born October 1995, so I'd say this photo was taken 1996. He looks under a year in age - I'd guess around nine months. His littermates (Lari and Juara) would have been on exhibit with him, along with their mother - Selatan.

I'd love to see any other photos you have!
    • akasha
      @Zoofan15 Thanks! I knew you'd have the answer :D

Yes, I remember there were three cubs in this litter, but it was back in the day when you pretty much took one photo of each animal because film and developing was expensive, so this is the only photo I have of this exhibit.

Cool. I do have about another 50 photos from this visit, they're not all great, but I do think most of them are worth posting, so I plan to do that over the next week or so :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Taronga Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    akasha
    Date:
    13 Jul 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.6 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3561px
    Height:
    2320px
    Aperture:
    f/1.8
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone XR
    Date / Time:
    2020:07:13 08:42:24
    Exposure Time:
    1/33 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 250
    Focal Length:
    4.25 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).