Join our zoo community
Matt G

Tiger shark (Galeocerdo cuvier)

Tiger shark (Galeocerdo cuvier)
Matt G, 2 Dec 2020
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      What are these drawings made of? By the looks of it their digital. I was just wondering since their really good drawings, could be used on an aquarium website their that good.
      Matt G likes this.
    • Matt G
      These drawings are made in Adobe Photoshop, @CheeseChameleon2007.

For the first step, I first need to look for good images in order to create these perfect drawings from random resources, ranging from Wikipedia, Google Images, random websites dedicated to animals, and especially Bing Images, in which after dragging and dropping the image, I simply call the layer "Image".

The second step is create the drawing itself.

For this, I create this by drawing by dragging and dropping the image first to the canvas (size can be either a random size or as I like to use it, my 5,000 x 3,000 preset).

For the third step, I create a new layer, in which it can be either called "Hard Round Brush Layer" or simply "Brush Layer, because I use it for drawing the animal from the image basis.

For the fourth step, I actually start to begin to draw the animal itself, in which it can be easy or hard (ranges from 2 hours to 3 days) because I have to take time and also deal with other things (which some may be relevant or not, i.e, homework from school.)

For the final step, I use the paint bucket tool and even the brush tool to correct any mistakes and by doing so, I delete the Image layer after coloring my finished drawing, and by doing so, I enlarge the drawing to fit in a proper position in my canvas.

After that, I use the paint bucket for backgrounds, and after that, I use the text tool in Photoshop by typing up the name of the animal.
    • Matt G
      P.S: For putting my drawings in ZooChat, I now have to crop to 1920 x 1080 because of the image upload quota.
    • Matt G
      @CheeseChameleon2007 And since the Georgia Aquarium is the only aquarium to display tiger sharks in the U.S, then you've come to the right place.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Animal Art & Creative Photography
    Uploaded By:
    Matt G
    Date:
    2 Dec 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count: