Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Toledo Zoo - Hippoquarium

July 2008. Twenty years later and still the zoo's best exhibit.

Toledo Zoo - Hippoquarium
snowleopard, 18 Aug 2008
Haliaeetus likes this.
    • snowleopard
      July 2008. Twenty years later and still the zoo's best exhibit.
    • mstickmanp
      Looks like a great exhibit, it's just missing fish.
    • BlackRhino
      Even though 20 years later its still a very good Hippo exhibit, but San Diego and Saint Louis both have better ones.
    • snowleopard
      @BlackRhino: there are a number of top quality hippo pools in the U.S., and the best ones invariably have underwater viewing as that can really elevate a good hippo pool and allow it to become a great one. San Diego's is fantastic, but the Toledo Zoo is massive and holds up quite well 20 years after it was built.
    • BlackRhino
      I still love Toledo's but I just think San Diego's is the best. It feels more new and I like how the Ituri Forest area is themed. Plus the hippos have plants and logs in their exhibit whether than just on the outside.
    • Zooplantman
      This exhibit and the surrounding area (to the elephants) is about to be renovated and slightly enlarged.
    • BlackRhino
      I think its just the elephants and rhinos that are getting expanded
    • Zooplantman
      Not unless they've reduced the project in the past few months.
    • snowleopard
      Does anyone know for sure what is happening with the proposed construction in the African area of the zoo? It's difficult to believe that the hippo exhibit might be enlarged, as it is already quite impressive in size. That's great news for such massive animals.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toledo Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    18 Aug 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    284.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.9
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:05 13:40:50
    Exposure Time:
    10/500 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    6.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).