Join our zoo community
Meaghan Edwards

Toronto Zoo postcards

These postcards are dated from (I believe) the 1970's/1980's to mid 1990's. Note the Plains zebra. This species is no longer kept at the Toronto Zoo.

Toronto Zoo postcards
Meaghan Edwards, 23 Jul 2008
    • Meaghan Edwards
      These postcards are dated from (I believe) the 1970's/1980's to mid 1990's.

Note the Plains zebra. This species is no longer kept at the Toronto Zoo.
    • Ungulate
      Based on the sizes of the elephants and the condition of the paddocks, I think this is a VERY early postcard - maybe 1975-1978.
    • Meaghan Edwards
      That makes sense -- thanks!
    • Zoogoer2000
      Looking at it also,I know there are three elephants in that pictur not there anymore,Tantor and Patsy who have died and Juanita who has left for Cleveland Zoo but i don't know about her now?
    • MARK
      The herd started out with one bull and eight cows
    • DavidBrown
      Does Toronto still have this large of an elephant herd? Has their elephant exhibit aged well into the 21st century or are there plans to modernize it?
    • Quartz92
      Toronto currently has 3 female elephants, there are plans to ship the elephants out of the zoo and it will receive modifications to house giraffes.
    • DavidBrown
      Thanks Quartz92. Is Toronto getting out of the elephant business, or are there plans to build a new exhibit at some point?
    • Quartz92
      From what I know the elephants are gone for good.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Meaghan Edwards
    Date:
    23 Jul 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    28.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    400px
    Height:
    288px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).