Join our zoo community
Parrotsandrew

Toucan aviary on right, cannot recall the remainder! 16th April 2004

Toucan aviary on right, cannot recall the remainder! 16th April 2004
Parrotsandrew, 1 Dec 2012
    • Bele
      Good to see these photos . I liked Southport Zoo. The rollercoaster visible in this shot shows just how close the Funfair was .
    • zoogiraffe
      The building straight in front used to house Guinea Pigs!
    • Parrotsandrew
      Ah, yes. Presumably those natty little "houses" were part of the exhibit. I liked Southport, although on my first visit I was a little taken aback at just how many animals were living in some exhibits, particularly Guinea Pigs in the Pet Barn, African Crested Porcupines and Mandrills.
    • DavidBrown
      Why did this zoo go under? Lack of business?

The zoo looks a little ramshackle, but they must have been doing okay at some point if they could afford a roller coaster- or was that part of the problem?
    • gerenuk
      [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southport_Zoo]Southport Zoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    • Shirokuma
      It wasn't that awful, although some enclosures were dreadful. With some sensible decisions about which species to keep and which to move on it could have been quite a succesful little facility but I think there was lots of bad feeling towards the zoo.

When I was young I would often spend my time there while my sister went to the fairground
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Southport Zoo (Closed)
    Uploaded By:
    Parrotsandrew
    Date:
    1 Dec 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    394.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1197px
    Height:
    789px
    Make:
    HP
    Model:
    HP pst_p02b
    Date / Time:
    2012:12:01 20:08:58

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).