Join our zoo community
Ituri

Toyota Elephant Passage - Elephant day room

Toyota Elephant Passage - Elephant day room
    • Mr Gharial
      I don't think I've ever seen a sponsored zoo exhibit
    • KevinB
      @Mr Gharial I have seen it before. I remember when I last visited Duisburg in 2014 they had sponsor advertisements on some buildings, including the koala and marsupial house. There was a large logo of an airline company on that building.

Corporate and private sponsorship is nothing new for zoos, but it is unusual (at least here in Europe) to see sponsor logos on anything but relatively inconspicuous signage, let alone to see big logos in exhibits or on buildings. And naming exhibits after sponsors is even more unusual.
    • Maguari
      It's pretty common in the States, less so in Europe but it does happen. Jaguar Cars had a 10-year deal at Chester that paid for Spirit of the Jaguar - hence scenes like these: Jaguar meets Jaguar at Chester Zoo, 2001 - ZooChat / Jaguar meets Jaguar at Chester Zoo, 2001 - ZooChat / Chester Zoo 2003 - Outside the Spirit of the Jaguar - ZooChat . Once this period was over the building had the logos removed and the species line-up diversified - they even had a members' poll to potentially find a new name but ended up sticking with the original. I believe the 'drum' space in the middle of the building that now houses the sloths and aquarium was designed to showcase a Jaguar car on permanent display, but this never actually happened.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Denver Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Ituri
    Date:
    14 May 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px
    Aperture:
    f/1.8
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPhone 7
    Date / Time:
    2019:07:27 14:02:29
    Exposure Time:
    1/40 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 20
    Focal Length:
    3.99 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).