Join our zoo community
Wild wolverine

Tropic World- Gorillas

Tropic World- Gorillas
Wild wolverine, 20 Jul 2014
    • Arizona Docent
      Tropics World? Oh yes, this looks just like the tropics. :rolleyes:
    • Chlidonias
      sure it does. It is just after the apocalypse.
    • Moebelle
      Am I only the one who really enjoyed Tropic World? Every single species could walk a distance and height of 100 ft without even touching the ground.
    • Chlidonias
      aren't there Brazilian tapirs and pigmy hippos in Tropic World?
    • Moebelle
      Aha I knew I would get that question. No, both were moved to the Pachyderm House.
    • Chlidonias
      so what's in there now? Just primates?
    • Moebelle
      Despite the Giant Anteater (in what I think is a terrific exhibit for them: the mixed South America exhibit), there are also 10+ free flying birds, and a tree shrew. Other than all those the obvious attractions are the primates.
    • Moebelle
    • TropicWorld54
      Not anymore. About a year ago they moved all the pachyderms in Tropic World to the Pachyderm House (the zoo had extra space since the hippos were sent away), so now they have access to outdoor yards. Also the baboons are gone from the outdoor "island" next to Tropic World.
      The following species are remaining in Tropic World:
      Asia: White-Cheeked Gibbon, Asian Small-Clawed Otter and Orangutan
      Africa: Western Lowland Gorilla, Red-Capped Mangabey, Colobus Monkey, Allen's swamp monkey
      South America: Giant Anteater, Squirrel Monkey, Two-Toed Sloth, Callimico, Cotton-Top Tamarin, Black-Handed Spider Monkey, Golden Lion Tamarin (The GLT's sometimes are allowed to be free ranging in the summer)
      -Most of the areas have free flying birds but i do not know the species.
    • Wild wolverine
      You're not alone. I LOVE Tropic World! It's much better than EVERY primate exhibit at my local zoo.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Brookfield Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Wild wolverine
    Date:
    20 Jul 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    221.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.1
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    SP-610UZ
    Date / Time:
    2012:07:21 16:01:17
    Exposure Time:
    10/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    13.18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).