Join our zoo community
okapikpr

Tropical America - Masterplan

May 2006

Tropical America - Masterplan
okapikpr, 27 Feb 2009
    • Hippopotamus
      The ideas would've been better since today.
    • snowleopard
      Amazon and Beyond opened in December and it did not keep many of the species that are on the map in the photo. Miami Metrozoo still is easily in the top 3 North American zoos for South American animals.
    • BlackRhino
      It is still an awesome addition to an already great zoo.
    • Ituri
      Snowleopard, what are your top 3 zoos for S. American animals, I'm guessing Jacksonville is one, but what is your other?
    • snowleopard
      @Ituri: I don't have a definitive list of the top North American zoos for South American animals, but the book America's Best Zoos lists Jacksonville and San Antonio as #1 and #2 in that category. Of the zoos that I've visited Jacksonville would be #1 and then Miami Metrozoo and Phoenix Zoo would be the other two strong contenders.
    • Zebraduiker
      So what i see on that pictures is all Amazon and Beyond , or is that just a part of the whole complex ? So do they keep maned wolves and giant anteater together ?
    • Cat-Man
      would be beter if it amazon and beyond was like this map
    • snowleopard
      The map is much different from the actual Amazon & Beyond that opened in December of 2008. There are no spectacled bears, woolly monkeys, pacas, tapirs, peccaries, maned wolves, penguins, caimans, capybaras and many other animals that are all on the map in the photo. I visited Amazon & Beyond on the actual day that it opened, and there are lots of photos of both animals and various maps in the Miami Metrozoo gallery.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Miami
    Uploaded By:
    okapikpr
    Date:
    27 Feb 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    290 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    600px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    PENTAX Corporation
    Model:
    PENTAX Optio 60
    Date / Time:
    2005:07:07 21:35:46
    Exposure Time:
    51795/1000000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    7.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).