Join our zoo community
Antoine

Tropical dome - Harpy eagles aviary from the cable-car

Tropical dome - Harpy eagles aviary from the cable-car
Antoine, 22 Jun 2020
    • SivatheriumGuy
      Looks great.
    • Jarne
      Could use a lot more vegetation, I have my doubts wether these birds will breed in such an open aviary. Hopefully by the time these birds are adult the vegetation will have grown in a bit.
    • amur leopard
      @Jarne Of course it is on the barren side, but from the ground I think it looks more vegetated due to the plantations around the exhibit. That should make privacy less of an issue, I hope. It was be absolutely fantastic to have chicks, though, because it will prove to other European zoos that it is possible to breed them in Europe despite the weather and vegetation (and in some cases nutritional) differences :)
    • Jarne
      @amur leopard That has been proven already by Nürnberg and Berlin, both have had breeding results with their harpy eagles in the past. What's important here is also not what the visitors see, but what the eagles see. Much of the vegetation is still low, giving them little real privacy like in their natural environment. In the future, I hope that this will fix itself by aging vegetation.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZooParc de Beauval
    Uploaded By:
    Antoine
    Date:
    22 Jun 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    700.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2048px
    Height:
    1360px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ7
    Date / Time:
    2020:06:19 12:56:52
    Exposure Time:
    10/1600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).