geomorph

Tropics of the Americas Cave

This exhibit features an aquarium with cave fish

Tropics of the Americas Cave
geomorph, 30 May 2009
    • geomorph
      This exhibit features an aquarium with cave fish
    • DavidBrown
      Do they have some bat exhibits in the cave also?
    • geomorph
      I don't remember any...I think this cave is a short portal along the path and emerges to an open air viewing area on the other side for monkeys; I think this cave is the method of hiding the building that houses monkey bedrooms.
    • Callimico
      This cave houses blind cave fish, axolotls, and the primate night houses (off exhibit). bats are found in a building next to the bush dogs.
    • DavidBrown
      Thanks for the info geomorph and matthew. This looks like a cool little zoo, especially their capuchin island.
    • DavidBrown
      geomorph have you reviewed the Palm Beach Zoo? I could not find one in the archives and would be interested in your opinion of this zoo (and anyone else who has been there; I could not find any reviews of this zoo).
    • geomorph
      No I have not reviewed this zoo, I visited before I started writing detailed reviews. The Tropics of the Americas exhibit complex is excellent and immersive, I rank it at #15 in my list of themed exhibit complexes; the bush dog exhibit I rank at #15 in my list of individual exhibits for small mammals. Florida Wetlands is the other notable exhibit complex, which is nice although it does not make my top 50 list; however, the American alligator exhibit within is #7 in my individual reptile exhibit list. These two complexes are adjacent to each other and occupy about half (or more) of the property. The rest of the zoo is piecemeal and forgettably average, so it comes in at #44 of the 58 zoo facilities I have visited. Oakland Zoo is just above it in my list, and Franklin Park Zoo is just below it.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Palm Beach Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    geomorph
    Date:
    30 May 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: