Join our zoo community
Moebelle

Tropics Trail | Zoo Tours

Moebelle, 8 Nov 2021
Dhole dude likes this.
    • Moebelle
      I am proud to introduce you to the Minnesota Zoo - a park that needs to go on your bucket list as soon as possible. A lot could be said about what's featured in the zoo's 485 acres, but I want the tours to speak for themselves. Just as it would as you go through those gates, the first of the zoo's major sections on your path is the Tropics Trail - one of America's First Indoor Rainforests. A winding track invites you to escape the cold, and venture into the lush, and humid environments of Africa's, Asia's, South America's, and even the Ocean's biodiversity hotspots. On this episode, a tapir lifts its trunk and shows us their smile, a Gibbon teaches the crowd how most apes ACTUALLY drink, you won't believe where the zoo used to have their Dolphins, and we get to finally learn what a Urial is. Please enjoy our first look at this very underrated facility.
    • OkapiFan
      Amazing!!!!
    • Moebelle
      @OkapiFan Thank you for saying that. I was worried for the video's success and reception. I've never seen a zoo board up so many exhibits, and I was down on my luck 'getting animals to cooperate for the camera'.
      OkapiFan likes this.
    • pachyderm pro
      You did the best you could with the circumstances given. I remember trying to photograph everything in here when I visited in June and it was incredibly annoying. The entire portion after the aviary was and still is unviewable and I can't imagine what a pain it must have been to try and film everything. Still managed to put together a quality video though, so nice work.
    • Grizzly Hound
    • pachyderm pro
      @Grizzly Hound I do have a channel called Inside The Zoo but I upload super infrequently and have come to realization I am far too busy with school to do it consistently. I don't upload anymore. In the post above I was referencing me trying to photograph all of the exhibits in the building to upload here, not any sort of youtube channel.
    • Moebelle
      @pachyderm pro Thank you kindly for the added reassurance. I managed to get a clip of the langurs through the cracks but they were facing away from the crowd. Same can be said for the tamarins but from a distance. The only reason I could get the Lemurs is because I was tall enough to reach over the plastic fence.
    • Dhole dude
      It’s a real pain to see so many empty & visually altered exhibits in the tropics trail at them moment, but that will hopefully be changing soon (once the zoo can fork up enough money to actually renovate it, which will hopefully come in a short while).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Minnesota Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Moebelle
    Date:
    8 Nov 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count: