Join our zoo community
Toddy

Tropikariet - Black-tipped reef shark

A black-tipped reef shark in the Shark Reef theme inside Tropikariet Helsingborg, Sweden. This section is set up as a sunken galley by a coral reef of the shore of the Maldives in the Indian Ocean. The species in the aquarium are black-tipped reef sharks, white-tipped reef sharks, cow-nosed rays and many smaller species of tropical coral fish. April 2010

Tropikariet - Black-tipped reef shark
Toddy, 16 May 2010
twilighter and DelacoursLangur like this.
    • Toddy
      A black-tipped reef shark in the Shark Reef theme inside Tropikariet Helsingborg, Sweden. This section is set up as a sunken galley by a coral reef of the shore of the Maldives in the Indian Ocean.
      The species in the aquarium are black-tipped reef sharks, white-tipped reef sharks, cow-nosed rays and many smaller species of tropical coral fish.

April 2010

BTW, this picture is my number 3000 picture upload to ZooChat :cool:
    • Jodea
      Thanks

I know that it has gone quite some time since you posted this photo, but I just want to thank you for your first 3000 photos! They are always interesting and of good quality and I always enjoy watching them. Keep them coming...

This is a excellent one to celebrate photo number 3000! :)
    • Kwambeze
      It says 1,506 photos on your profile? But 3,200 posts.
    • Toddy
      Alas, the 3000+ photos were before "The Great Photo Purge of 2010".

This purge is also the reason that I am affraid I must disapoint you @Jodea. I have probably spent more time than any other ZooChatter per shot I have uploaded, carefully selecting and editing the photos for maximum quality and writing detailed descriptions for each photo.

However, after the purge MANY hours of work were destroyed and I do not wish to put that amount of time into something that will be lost anyway in a year while others blurry and repetative shots remain. I had uploaded many almost complete virtual tours of many zoos little known to the gallery of ZooChat such as Givskud Zoo, Odense Zoo, Randers Tropical Zoo, Aalborg Zoo, Ree Park, GaiaPark, ZOOM and many more, and these galleries are now decimated.

Therefore my uploading days on ZooChat are over. If the gallery problems somehow are fixed and my old photos restored I will continue to upload regularly. I have a whole bunch of photos from Czech, German and Swiss zoos just waiting for that day to come :)
    • PAT
      Your work wasn't completly wasted. I, and I'm sure many others on this website, really appreciated your excellent photos from so many zoos. Thank you.
    • Kwambeze
      Sad to hear. I
      I think I know what purge is but could you please translate it into Danish?
    • EvilKittie
      Great photo!

Out of curiosity how do you take such good through glass into an aquarium? I can never do, even a day in the National Aquarium in Plymouth still didn't learn any technique! :(

Congratulations on the great photo!

EK
    • Chlidonias
      udrensning
    • Toddy
      Looks like someone used Google Translate :D

@Kwambeze: If you are unaware of what "The Great Photo Purge of 2010" is here on ZooChat I suggest that you read this thread and catch up.

@EvilKittie: I do not know much about camera techniques I am affraid. This aquarium was reasonably well lit and after spending around 15 minutes there I figured out what the shark's moving patterns was and was able to place my camera and my timing perfectly. I got around 3 good ones out of a 100 taken.
    • Kwambeze
      @ Toddy I have not heard of it until now, but it sound bad. I am sad while reading.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Tropikariet Helsingborg
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    16 May 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    176.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1024px
    Height:
    768px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).