Join our zoo community
bongorob

Twilight Zone plan Chester Zoo

Plan of the Twilight Zone bat exhibit at Chester Zoo, housing free flying Rodrigues and Livingstone's Fruit bats and Seba's Short-tailed Bats. A fascinating place to spend time when the zoo is not busy.

Twilight Zone plan Chester Zoo
bongorob, 11 Feb 2008
    • bongorob
      Plan of the Twilight Zone bat exhibit at Chester Zoo, housing free flying Rodrigues and Livingstone's Fruit bats and Seba's Short-tailed Bats. A fascinating place to spend time when the zoo is not busy.
    • CZJimmy
      I agree with you there Rob, I love spending time in there during off-peak times as it's empty and a fascinating watch. The tropical realm is also good in winter ;)
    • Writhedhornbill
      The tropical weather is always good!
    • ^Chris^
      I have a question about this building. Before I visited Chester I did a lot of research into the collection. I read an article about the Twilight zone which said the house was also home to free roaming echidna and slow loris etc. I always thought this sounded pretty cool, but very unlikely. Has that ever been true, or hasit ever been planned, or was it all a lie?
    • bongorob
      It is not true, I heard rumours that all sorts of extra nocturnal mammals would be added. Sloth is a species I can remember, but nothing ever came of it.
    • CZJimmy
      I can't help but think some species like that would improve the place and will keep visitors looking around inside, rather than passing just straight through...

Aye-Ayes would be another good one I think...
    • ^Chris^
      Thanks, that's what I suspected. Kind've a shame.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    bongorob
    Date:
    11 Feb 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    192.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1059px
    Height:
    1599px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).