unidentified cichlid Blackpool Sealife 2013

Unidentified cichlid Blackpool Sealife Centre 11 July 2013

unidentified cichlid Blackpool Sealife 2013
bongorob, 16 Jul 2013
    • bongorob
      Unidentified cichlid

Blackpool Sealife Centre 11 July 2013
    • gentle lemur
      I have only just spotted this photo. I expect that the tank label said Heros severus or the severum cichlid, but I think it is really Heros efasciatus.
    • bongorob
      Thank you Gentle Lemur.

I do not remember the label, if indeed there was a label.

Around 20 years ago I consulted books on Lake Malawi cichlids in the hope that I could identify some of the ones at Chester Zoo. After looking at about three pages of illustrations which totally confused me,I decided to adpot the second most complicated subject in the world as my hobby. Which is bongo counting. :p

For those of you who do not know, I have a reputation for not being able to count bongos. This started when I posted on ZooChat the arrival of two female bongos at Chester Zoo. A few weeks later I again posted the arrival of two female bongos at Chester Zoo.

My talent for incorrectly counting bongos was well known amongst my friends. It was also a topic of conversation between myself and zoo managers such as the Director and Curator of Mammals at Chester, and also the U.K. studbook keeper for bongos.

On a trip to Banham, I manages to count three bongos. The problem was thay only had two.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    SEA LIFE Blackpool
    Uploaded By:
    bongorob
    Date:
    16 Jul 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: