Join our zoo community
Dan

Universeum - Anacondas!

Universeum in Göteborg (Gothenburg) is a ”National Science Centre” in Sweden, with exhibitions on physics, chemistry, space etc. But it also has a lot of nice zoological exhibits! It is a very exciting house, built on the slopes of a mountain and designed by the most well-known contemporary Swedish architect Gert Wingårdh. In the basement floor (where there are toilets etc), and before you buy your ticket and watch all the main attractions, you can enjoy an anaconda exhibit! I spotted three or four of the big snakes. August 2009

Universeum - Anacondas!
Dan, 18 Aug 2009
    • Dan
      Universeum in Göteborg (Gothenburg) is a ”National Science Centre” in Sweden, with exhibitions on physics, chemistry, space etc. But it also has a lot of nice zoological exhibits! It is a very exciting house, built on the slopes of a mountain and designed by the most well-known contemporary Swedish architect Gert Wingårdh.

In the basement floor (where there are toilets etc), and before you buy your ticket and watch all the main attractions, you can enjoy an anaconda exhibit!

I spotted three or four of the big snakes.

August 2009
    • Arizona Docent
      That is very cool looking. Maybe the best anaconda exhibit anywhere?
    • Dan
      Oh, I believe that might be taking it a bit to far. Perhaps the picture is misleading. The area of the exhibit might be something like 20 sq meters. Most of it is water and it is only about half a metre deep.
    • Toddy
      Half a meter??? When I went to Universeum last year their pool was somewhere around 3 meters deep! The anacondas shared it with a large number of South American fish. Did they switch exhibits?
    • Dan
      Aha (?)....., that would be the adjoining "Swamp"-exibit, to the right to the anaconda exhibit, with lots of big South American fish, yes.

I am not 100 per cent sure, but as far as I can remember the snakes did not have access to that one.
    • Jodea
      Yes, they have moved the anacondas recently. They used to live in what was called the "Ananconda swamp", a pretty big and deep bassin together with several fishes, for examles arowanas. But for some reason they have built a new exhibit for the anacondas (for anacondas only) at the bottom of the rainforest next to the swamp.
    • Dan
      Thanks, Jodea!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Universeum
    Uploaded By:
    Dan
    Date:
    18 Aug 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    267.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1071px
    Aperture:
    f/3.5
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D60
    Date / Time:
    2009:08:16 13:26:36
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).