Join our zoo community
mweb08

very good cheetah exhibit

very good cheetah exhibit
mweb08, 23 Jul 2009
    • Ituri
      That does look nice. In a way it kind of reminds me of Phoenix's exhibit.
    • Quartz92
      Wow amazing!, only if they added more trees in the back it would be top-notch, but that is being picky!
    • mweb08
      This is just one out of 3 or maybe even 4 enclosures, all of good quality, and this only shows about 2/3 of this particular enclosure.
    • Quartz92
      Its amazing regardless, it looks like the wet season on the Serengeti! Although more trees at the back to hide the fenceline and buildings would make it a wonderful exhibit. Just like you where in the wild!
    • snowleopard
      The cheetah yards at this zoo are massive, and it makes it incredibly difficult to actually "spot" one of the cats. However, it is great to see that the zoo allows lots of space for roaming around the grassy enclosures.
    • mweb08
      I've always been able to at least see one of them, this time saw two of them.
    • NAIB Volunteer
      When ever we go down, we always see the young ones training with the keeper. Its awesome to see them sprint after an exercise system that pulls along a "prey" object.
    • fkalltheway
      Last time I visited Grevy's Zebra could be viewed through the fencing along the back, and they were not too happy with the cheetahs. They chased them up and down the length of that fence. I have a picture of it somewhere.

Edit -- Here's that picture
    • Jabiru96
      Looks like a nice exhibit
    • blospz
      @fkalltheway, what was the distance between the cheetah exhibit and zebra exhibit. It looks like the cheetah could just lunge a paw in the opening of the mesh and swipe at the zebras! A very interesting photo.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Smithsonian National Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    mweb08
    Date:
    23 Jul 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: