Join our zoo community
adrian1963

VIEW FROM A HILL

Taken at the top of the hill looking down on the Tecton Building (old toilet block) oppersite the Snow Leopards

VIEW FROM A HILL
adrian1963, 22 Dec 2009
    • adrian1963
      Taken at the top of the hill looking down on the Tecton Building (old toilet block) oppersite the Snow Leopards
    • chizlit
      Did you get the zoo to yourself? I almost prefer it that way, but I know from the zoo's point of view it isn't too good.
    • adrian1963
      Unfortunatly not there were quite a few people around with there children as Santa was still in the ballroom, but it was great to see so many people around the zoo on a day like that as it proves the zoo is making progress.
      On another point the zoo looked and felt completly different with the snow around and the trees and buildings made it look like it should have been on christmas cards
    • chizlit
      Then that makes the photo even better as it makes the zoo look eerie and deserted.

I love the way frost makes trees look at this time of year.

How were the animals coping with the cold? Guess it's OK for the penguins......

• adrian1963
      It was a strange feeling early on seeing the zoo look different, some of the animals were off show like the giraffes, flamingo's the gibbon was inside along with the orangutan's but the doors to the enclosures were open (don't blame them staying in the warm)
      All other animals were out and the Red Panda's were loving it
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dudley Zoological Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    adrian1963
    Date:
    22 Dec 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    381.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1071px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D60
    Date / Time:
    2009:12:22 12:23:42
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    55 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).