Join our zoo community
zoogiraffe

View Of Bear exhibit

View Of Bear exhibit
zoogiraffe, 28 Jul 2012
    • snowleopard
      Is there actually two brown bear enclosures at ZOOM? Are the Kodiak and Kamchatka bears separated or do they share the same exhibit(s)? Truth be told the many photos of the bear complex make it seem outstanding. Modern, naturalistic, and a far cry from the ugly and outdated grottoes that dot the zoological landscape worldwide.
    • Maguari
      Kodiaks and Kamchatkans were in adjacent exhibits when I was there (same visit as this photo!), with Polar Bears also nearby.

It's a little over-mock-rocked but seemed very good indeed for the bears.
    • Animal
      There are three exhibits for polar bears (two big for a young and an old pair and a small for the "dwarf" polar bear) and 2 for brown bears, one used by the kodiak pair and one for the kamtschatka brothers.
    • Maguari
      I'd entirely forgotton 'Antonia'! She's great.
    • Animal
      But her exhibit isn't. She had more space in the old 'bear-castle'.
    • dean
      Maguari
      do the bears have access down to the front of your photo or are they restricted to the top of the slope.
      From the bears point of view all the mock rock must give some visual stimulationoffering diferent perspectives etc even if to some it looks OTT
      Dean
    • Animal
      All you can see in this shot is the exhibit of the kodiaks and for the accessible and it continues to the left.
    • dean
      Thanks Animal I think it makes that a good exhibit, a little more cover to hide the bears or for them to forage in would make it a fantastic exhibit from what I can see.
    • Animal
      They can hide behind the hill f.e.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZOOM Erlebniswelt
    Uploaded By:
    zoogiraffe
    Date:
    28 Jul 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    222.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix E510
    Date / Time:
    2009:05:11 07:53:16
    Exposure Time:
    10/1800 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    5.4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).