Join our zoo community
zoogiraffe

View of the Penguin Pool

View of the Penguin Pool
zoogiraffe, 14 Jul 2009
    • PAT
      Why???????
    • zoogiraffe
      WHY what,why have i posted it or why have they built such a shocking looking pool?
    • Maguari
      This not always a place for great animal welfare decisions - they had two rather lonely flamingos in the greenhouse for many years (now just the one, I believe).

They do a lot of good work with seal rescue and rehabilitation; the other animals are really just sidelines to bring in punters and you can tell!
    • PAT
      I'm glad that you posted it...Thank-you. I just meant why even have it 'cos if I was visiting I would rather there were no penguins then penguins in this exhibit.
    • zoogiraffe
      Amazingly they have bred the penguins in this exhibit.
    • Animal
      It dont look that bad.
    • Meg-T
      Is this still there?
    • zoogiraffe
      It was last year and they have no plans to replace it.
    • John Dineley
      I doubt if the penguins mind and they also as mentioned they breed and rear young. Plus, unlike most UK penguin exhibits, it has natural seawater continuously pumped from a sub beach system supplying it.

About Sub Sand Sea Water Intakes
    • FBBird
      With natural salt water, I would be willing to bet these are the fittest/ most aspergillosis-free penguins in the UK. There is often a big difference between what looks 'natural' to us, and good animal husbandry.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Skegness Natureland Seal Sanctuary
    Uploaded By:
    zoogiraffe
    Date:
    14 Jul 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    269.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/6.4
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix E510
    Date / Time:
    2008:05:10 14:51:16
    Exposure Time:
    10/2400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).