Join our zoo community
MagpieGoose

View over large indoor play-area

Home to a number of species

View over large indoor play-area
MagpieGoose, 16 May 2019
snowleopard likes this.
    • snowleopard
      Speaking as someone who is a zoo nerd but also has 4 young children...this play area looks magnificent!
    • MagpieGoose
    • ShonenJake13
      “If it was safe”...... :p was that also the reason we tested out the climbing frames inside the gorilla house?
    • MagpieGoose
      @ShonenJake13 That was just to get the the full experience of the enclosure ;) I'm still not sure how i managed to squeeze my way up that climbing frame :p
    • DavidBrown
      Are there any animal exhibits integrated into this complex, or is it purely an indoor playground?
    • snowleopard
      @DavidBrown I was awed when I saw this playground in the summer of 2019 and it's advertised as the largest indoor play area in all of Europe. I don't think that there are any animals inside besides otters, prairie dogs, bats, an aviary and there is a connected Squirrel Monkey enclosure outdoors and perhaps the primates have access to some parts of the huge building.

Squirrel Monkey exhibit:

[​IMG]
      DavidBrown likes this.
    • MagpieGoose
      There were a few exhibits with in the complex on my visit including the indoors for the Squirrel Monkeys, an enclosure for Lyle's flying fox, Rainbow lorikeet, Asian short-clawed otter, with an outdoor for the latter species, and Black-tailed Prarie Dogs also connected to the building. I've included a few photos of the exhibits below;
      [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
    • Mr Gharial
      @snowleopard Speaking as someone who is a zoo nerd that behaves like 4 young children, this play area is certainly magnificent! Some large climbing frames, a spoopy ghost house and a huge slide, as well as two water play areas and some spoopy ghost caves (with a fruit bat exhibit). It also has some animal enclosures, a show area and a restaurant for the parents.

There used to be a monorail that went outside over some of the outside enclosures, but it has sadly been removed
      snowleopard likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Ouwehands Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    MagpieGoose
    Date:
    16 May 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    9.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4896px
    Height:
    3672px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DC-FZ82
    Date / Time:
    2019:04:19 16:39:37
    Exposure Time:
    10/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 80
    Focal Length:
    3.6 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).