February 27, 2015.

walk through boar exhbit
Arizona Docent, 15 Mar 2015
    • Arizona Docent
      February 27, 2015.
    • savethelephant
      Isn't that dangerous?
    • Arizona Docent
      That is what I thought when I saw it. (Would never happen here in the states, that is certain). The boars appeared to be off exhibit for winter (well held in a small yard near the barn anyway). So I did not bother to walk through, especially since I was on my way out of the park. But it appears as if visitors stick to the path that goes straight back from the gate and the boars have a very large forest area (extending well to the right of what you see here). So maybe they just stay away from the people?
    • zoomaniac
      There are just females in this exhibit, no razorbacks (and only females without piglets). So the danger is reduced. Also, it is signed (if I remember correctly) that feeding is absolutely prohibited and using the path is on your own risk (and on your own risk means in Europe: On your own risk! - in opposite to other countries, where people running immediately to a lawyer after an accident happened, even if they were warned in advance.)
      To Arizona Docent question: Whenever I was there, the boars stayed in the background.
    • robreintjes
      Last week this path was closed☹
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Wildnispark Zürich
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    15 Mar 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    600px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS M
    Date / Time:
    2015:02:27 06:32:37
    Exposure Time:
    1/40 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 640
    Focal Length:
    22 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).