Join our zoo community
birdsandbats

Walking on glass

Taken August 16 2018

Walking on glass
birdsandbats, 18 Aug 2018
    • birdsandbats
      The paths here are actually made of recycled pieces of glass.
    • Gigit
      I like that :)
    • birdsandbats
      Sadly these paths are no more. :(
    • UngulateNerd92
      @birdsandbats what happened to them? What was the reason for their removal?
    • birdsandbats
      @UngulateNerd92 They removed them during the renovation, I am not sure why the decision was made.
    • UngulateNerd92
      @birdsandbats ah ok. I do think it is important to integrate recycled materials into construction projects as much as possible, especially at conservation institutions! Pardon my digression and this may sound like an an ambitious proposal, but personally, I do think we need to replace and refurbish all land fills with recycling centers and composting facilities, putting us on the path towards a circular economy as opposed to a linear economy. When rubbish (ie plastic, metal, paper, glass etc.) sits around in landfills and then ends up in our ecosystems and onto our city streets, it doesn't only degrade the environment and become a visually displeasing eyesore, but we are also throwing money away (due to the recycling and refurbishment potential of these materials for manufacturing, construction and other uses).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    International Crane Foundation
    Uploaded By:
    birdsandbats
    Date:
    18 Aug 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1440px
    Height:
    1080px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).