Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Warthog Exhibit

Warthog Exhibit
snowleopard, 12 May 2014
    • snowleopard
      May 11th, 2014.
    • uszoo
      I feel that the warthog's do not fit this exhibit. The wild dog's would make a much better display. Why could't the zoo house the cheetah in this exhibit?
    • Falcosparverius
      It seems to be better that wild dogs should be in this exhibit, because the exhibit was renovated specifically for them. But for three dogs, the exhibit was rather on the small side (approximately 5000 sq feet), so the enclosure is better for warthogs. On the other hand, I'm guessing the Zoo wouldn't move the current resident warthogs just to showcase the cheetahs...
    • snowleopard
      The warthogs have certainly churned up the exhibit far more than the African wild dogs ever did, and the zoo added warthogs, Visayan warty pigs and Kunekune pigs all in the summer of 2012. I'm not sure what the public would rather see (dogs or pigs) but either way there are some neat lookouts down into the enclosure as well as two large glass viewing windows next to the lion habitat.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Woodland Park Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    12 May 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    524.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2014:05:11 12:35:19
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    4.4 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).