Join our zoo community
geomorph

Water's Edge - Sand Tiger Shark Exhibit Surface Viewing Area

For details, see my review http://www.zoochat.com/22/review-pittsburgh-zoo-ppg-aquarium-313321/

Water's Edge - Sand Tiger Shark Exhibit Surface Viewing Area
geomorph, 24 Mar 2013
    • Ituri
      The decision to use this for sharks rather a different pinniped species when walrus weren't available completely baffles me.
    • jusko88
      and attempts to still get pinnipeds for this exhibit baffles me. today I was there and the water level was down. I got excited cause I thought something might be going on. here they were just cleaning the exhibit and when I asked the docent working there, he told me there still is no plans to get them. I know a girl who just became a water's edge trainer and she told me the amount of space they have back in the holding area for this exhibit is ridiculous. I can see the sharks when they first came here just being temporary. but to have them now for like 5 years just doesn't make any sense.
    • snowleopard
      The Water's Edge complex opened in 2006 and this particular exhibit was originally designed for walruses. However, sand tiger sharks were eventually added as a "temporary" species and finally a full decade later there will be a pinniped: Northern Elephant Seal. The rescued individual has been behind-the-scenes for more than two years!
    • geomorph
      Will this be a mixed species exhibit of shark and seal? :0
    • jayjds2
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    geomorph
    Date:
    24 Mar 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count: