Join our zoo community
Chlidonias

Wellington Green Gecko (Naultinus punctatus) enclosures

21 November 2020

Wellington Green Gecko (Naultinus punctatus) enclosures
    • Chlidonias
      Twin enclosures for the endemic Wellington Green Gecko, which had its "grand opening" yesterday (20 November). It isn't as large as I had expected it to be - I placed my camera lens cap at the bottom left of the enclosure for scale - but it is nice enough. It has the same reflection issues as the windows on the Hero HQ building (which can be seen reflected in the glass here).
    • Onychorhynchus coronatus
      I don't normally like this kind of exhibit style and I am not at all a fan of all of this superhero Marvel business but I really like this particular enclosure because of the way it is highlighting and showcasing a threatened native species.

The educational graphics are pretty good too, not my thing aesthetically really, but can't deny that this is excellent.
      JurassicMax likes this.
    • Escher Nicholls
      The are currently doing some work with forest geckos, so it would be cool to see some forest geckos on display either near the wellington green gecko exhibit, or in meet the locals
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Wellington Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Chlidonias
    Date:
    21 Nov 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.9 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4272px
    Height:
    2848px
    Aperture:
    f/7.1
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 1100D
    Date / Time:
    2020:11:21 09:55:43
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    30 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).