Join our zoo community
Baldur

Werribee Zoo - View into the Cheetah exhibit

January 2008 View into the Cheetah exhibit.

Werribee Zoo - View into the Cheetah exhibit
Baldur, 15 Mar 2010
    • Baldur
      January 2008

View into the Cheetah exhibit.
    • Bwana Simba
      Excellent habitat, very natural looking just like the real thing in the national parks back home in Tanzania
    • Baldur
      It is indeed an impressive exhibit, I like it more than the lion exhibit for sure.
    • Piet
      What is the size of the inclosure?
    • Baldur
      No idea; several members here from Victoria, they'd probably know.
    • PAT
      It's not huge but definatly an adequate size. It is pretty long and narrow and has two viewing areas, one through glass and one over a moat. Another great thing about this exhibit is that they've cleared up some of the plants at the back so now you can see over the cheetah exhibit, over a hidden fence and into an exhibit for scimitar-horned oryx and dromedary camels. It looks like thay're all in the same exhibit.
    • reduakari
      But isn't the oryx/camel exhibit (which originally housed zebra and gazelles, more appropriately) being rather crudely renovated to exhibit a small group of male gorillas? Or is only a portion of the former central savanna being altered?
    • Jabiru96
      No, the former zebra island is the site for the gorilla exhibit. It is just a huge mountain of dirt tho. When I went on Saturday you could easily see into the camel exhibit (in fact, I managed to get a photo with a cheetah lying in the foreground and camels in the background).

However, I believe you may be able to see the gorillas from the vervet monkey exhibit, because they are in a similar area.
    • Milwaukee Man
      Whoa! This looks spectacular!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Werribee Open Range Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Baldur
    Date:
    15 Mar 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: