Join our zoo community
DelacoursLangur

Western Diamondback Terrarium

Western Diamondback Terrarium
DelacoursLangur, 27 Feb 2020
twilighter likes this.
    • nczoofan
      All of these snake terrariums are way smaller than I remember them being when I visited in 2016. :(
    • DelacoursLangur
      @nczoofan I have seen far worse unfortunately, this isnt too bad IMO as unlike the tree monitors rattlesnakes are sit and wait predators.
    • nczoofan
      @DelacoursLangur I sadly have as well. I know rattlesnakes are not the most active of animals, yet the San Diego Zoo bills itself as one of the best and most progressive zoos in this nation. So I would expect better than just borderline from their reptile exhibits (When I visited in 2016 I spent barely any time in the reptile house, so I guess I did not look at the sizes of the enclosures closely.)
    • snowleopard
      @nczoofan I had the exact same reaction when going through the new series of photos showing the terrariums at San Diego Zoo. I've been to the zoo on 6 occasions, but whether it is because of my European zoo trip in 2019 (generally large reptile displays overseas) or simply the passage of time, but these San Diego tanks are looking awfully small for their inhabitants.
      nczoofan likes this.
    • DelacoursLangur
      @snowleopard Bear in mind this is also quite a large western diamondback. Still your point stands that they are rather on the small side.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    San Diego Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    DelacoursLangur
    Date:
    27 Feb 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    6016px
    Height:
    4000px
    Aperture:
    f/6.3
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D3200
    Date / Time:
    2019:04:14 23:28:47
    Exposure Time:
    10/150 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 500
    Focal Length:
    22 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).