Join our zoo community
Giant Eland

Western long-beaked echidna (Zaglossus bruijni)

One of best animals of the trip! Was lucky keeper helped me to get these photos. Missed this species in Moscow by a few years...guess all I had to do was stop by Indonesia haha.

Western long-beaked echidna (Zaglossus bruijni)
Giant Eland, 3 Aug 2018
Antoine, CMP, DelacoursLangur and 4 others like this.
    • Vision
      @Giant Eland nice! I assume this guy was in the nocturnal house? What exhibit was he in, and is he hard to spot?
    • Giant Eland
      Yup nocturnal house. Its an exhibit on the left in between the first Sulawesi dwarf cuscus exhibit (the spotted animal) and the Spectral Tarsier exhibit (which was empty when I was there). Was asleep under a log when I arrived. So waited until the keeper was free to lift the log for a couple minutes in order to snap some shots.
    • Vision
      @Giant Eland oh okay, interesting! The exhibits for long-beaked echidna and the Sulawesi dwarf cuscus on your visit held Javan mongooses and a Malayan civet on my visit two years ago. Both very nice species, but not as nice as long-beaked echidna. :p

I must say those exhibits didn't strike me as being particularly large enough for either civets, mongooses or long-beaked echidnas...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Batu Secret Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Giant Eland
    Date:
    3 Aug 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    356.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1469px
    Height:
    1080px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).